Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Illustration Friday: Cracked


This is the final week of the semester, and it's been crazy-busy with various performances, graduations, grading, family gatherings, etc. and I've been thinking about this topic for the past five days, and not coming to any astounding conclusions.

But then yesterday, my musical group spent the day in an art gallery recording some of our best tunes, and the exhibit that was up--wow! I'm totally inspired, and got a great idea for the topic.

It's going to take a bit of research, though, and in the meantime, I though I could make a sketch of two. I was going to use the back of the paper that THIS was on, which I'd made for the "flawed" topic, and never posted because I didn't like it, but there are things I like about it now. I cropped it, and painted on it with India ink, and while I wouldn't send it or give it to anyone, it's worth a little time on a Tuesday afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! love your idea and the blue background. it is kind of melancholy here... Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours very much and a grear idea for the theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Core (may I call you Core),

    i love the idea. and about the boy's face with that red hair, his remind me of Shaggy (scoobydoo cartoon). lovely art work...

    ReplyDelete