Sunday, May 31, 2009

Doctor Martin


My wonderful sister-in-law is graduating from medical school next week. I'm so incredibly proud of her. She's worked so hard. She then immediately starts her residency in family practice. She's going to be an incredible doctor.

(This is a card I made for her graduation. It doesn't really look like her, but then I've never really done portraits. It's got a bunch of problems that I'm not going to fix, but it's a card, and better than Hallmark for the occasion.) Okay, so I did "fix" a few things, but my son said at dinner last night, you better not show that to her....it's kind of insulting, don't you think? It makes her look like a man, and...." I STILL say it's just a card, and any homemade card is better than a store-bought one, so yes, I AM going to give it to her. I wrote a letter to her on the back.

4 comments:

  1. congratulation to your sister in law!
    what a good job you did! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your sister in law and what a lovely card you have made her..
    I also wanted to thankyou for your lovely comments they really are so appreciated and encourage me to push on.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always adore the handmade stuff. and this card is simply beautiful, pure, and honest.
    comparing to all your artwork, I like all the 'black n white' pictures than the colored pictures. according to my opinion, your 'black n white' pictures looks powerful, focused, than colored one.

    best regards
    *shantiyani*

    ReplyDelete