This is #23 again. I just had to recut it since part of the last one bugged me so much. I think, though, that I am cutting too deep. All the little squarish parts seem too fragile, but I'm cutting really deep.
This is #24, and I did it the same day that I did #23 (on Saturday). It's an experimental image for the color-reduction block that I'm going to do for my print-making class. I really kindof like this and have a good idea in my head what I will do with it for the color-reduction (which you can see in a week or so....).
This is #25, a much simpler image that the others have been. I'm getting close to being done for my major project (20 small ones that I will print all together, and 12 larger ones that I will print all together) that I am really eager to finish.
This is #26, which I tried not to cut so deep. It's much easier to do the grays when you only cut lightly. It still needs some cleaning up.
I went to a print fair at the Arts Center on Saturday, and saw a whole bunch of absolutely stunning work from local and not-so-local printmakers. I even bought a print. But one of the things that struck me was how detailed some of the linocuts were. They weren't making huge deep gouges to get all that detail. So I tried that, and it works!