Thursday, September 12, 2013

29 Faces in September # 18 and #19

Okay--I'm really tired of these now.  Really really tired of them.  But I think that's because some things aren't working.  Like those darn grays.

So I'm putting #19 first, because it has no grays, and I have no problem with that.  It is 3" X 5".  It's another laughing picture, but I think this fellow looks a little demonic.

And then #18.  These little tiny lines don't work to make a gray.  It's also 3" X 5".

So I cut some more.  I have no problems making marks.  Unfortunately, I did some weird cutting around the eye, and well....maybe she's an alien from another galaxy.

And here also is #17 again, cleaned up a little bit.  I realized that I'd forgotten to cut some out of the middle of his forehead.





7 comments:

  1. I love these faces. They are so awasame and get you laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your black and white faces! But I can imagine that you want to do something different again. I saw your inkdrawings and sketches and all your other work and I think that they are amazing. I'm a big FAN!!!
    xxx Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work. Do you ever use coloured inks or paint on the prints?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I most like the laughing man. You really nailed that!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 78

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative with these prints. All so good, but I like the No 18 lady, and I prefer the tiny lines in the first of the two. It's always interesting that the artist's preference because she wants a certain 'look' is one thing, while the viewer's eye sees it without any preconceptions and appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been checking all your faces and i think my favorite is #19, out of all of them. Which the whole bunch are great... but 19 could be like the face on the moon, somehow ;oD

    ReplyDelete