Saturday, September 21, 2013

29 Faces in September #23

Nope.  I changed my mind.  I'm not going to count the color-reduction prints as my 29 faces.  The rules (MY rules for this particular project) say black and white, and black and white they will be--and oh, how refreshing it is to be back to that.  This one is 4" X 6", and I think I'm going to cut it again to fix some of the things I don't like here.

And this is the third color-reduction print, but I don't like how little and fussy everything is.  It IS little--3X5", but it's the fussiness.  I need bigger, broader shapes.  I also need a better registration system, which I think I'll deal with in my class, and not here at home.  I've learned enough from doing these, I think, to be ready to do the bigger block.

2 comments:

  1. Great!! I love these black and whites. I like your coloured ones too, but the B/W are my favorites. I don't have the time to comment everyday on your blog, because of the 29 faces are taking up my sparetime, but I'll be back!!
    xxx Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your black and white face looks great to me - but it is clear that you are a perfectionist - which is why you produce such perfect work, of course! I am a great lover of black and white prints, so I appreciate yours, and you have done so many excellent ones for 29 Faces.

    ReplyDelete