Sunday, February 2, 2014

29 Faces in February

Whoa!  It's that time again.  This will be my third time, and I will again choose a medium that I've never really used before.  The first one was gouache resist and ink; the second was linocut; this one will be monoprints.

Here is part of the first batch.   I made six.  These first two are the last two I made, and the ones that I like the best, just as they are.  They definitely take practice.



These next two are the first two, which I have "tweaked" with some pen and ink, which I also plan on doing with the other two.  



As frustrating as it is to work with ink on a plexiglass plate, I'm really liking the immediate results.  The black (which is relief printing ink) is SO rich, and there's such an opportunity for easy complexity (easy, as opposed to, say, pen and ink, which requires much hatching).


17 comments:

  1. wow the results are fabulous, loving all of the faces. Hugs Annette x
    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fantastic - I love them! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work. can you please tell me more about the process? I am putting you in my blog reader

    http://mimitabby.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is fantastic! I wish I could do something like that. It was rather problematic to find you, because your name is different than the name of the blog. Have a good week with faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds difficult! Glad you are learning new things. Enjoy! The results are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally at sea as to how you do these, but I'll have to say that whatever it is that you do, you do it in grand style. These are so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wauw, these are awesome again!! Especially the first two are really stunning!! xxx Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would also be interesting in learning your process! These are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic, also love to read more about the process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. These are fantastic. I am hoping to experiment with a mono print with my Gelliplate, which I have used only twice. I will never approach anything like this, but you certainly inspire me to make time for one for 29 Faces.
    As always with your work I admire them so much, and the addition of the minimal hatching adds a stunning touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding! Your work is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your stuff in September and I am loving it again this February! So awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love black and white and these are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are stunning! I especially like the last one with the light on the face. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the process. Your faces are great and it's nice to see more males in the mix. Beautiful end results.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must work fast...I take longer. I used to do printing long ago. BTW, the alcohol ink face on my blog (face 1) was done with alcohol, not water. Thanks for looking and commenting!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete