Monday, February 17, 2014

29 Faces in February #19, #20, and #21

It's a post of miscellany.  I got back into the print studio yesterday, so here are two monoporints.  This first one, I unravelled some twine fiber, and I really like the texture in makes. 
This second one is spritzed with a little mineral spirits, though I think a little finer spritzing would have been better. 
And this third one is the first painting (as in all painting and not just part of some mixed media thing) that I've done in over 30 years.  Acrylic, even.  It's small, 4 X 6 inches, and now that I'm looking at it again, I see that the eyes are too close together, and there's some dark parts that are too dark, but for the first time in almost forever....I'm not unhappy.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome monoprints.
    And painting too ~ very nice for so many years passed since such an effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you can imagine I love the first one because of the great structures.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two marvellous monoprints, and I like the effect of the fibres which make the face seem to crackle with electricity.
    I'm interested in your self-criticism of the painting, with its great fiery red glow. There are real people whose eyes seem to be set very close together, so it is perhaps more realistic than you feel. It's a great painting. I see what you mean about the dark areas, but they do set off the halo-like effect of the lighter colour around it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be thrilled to be able to paint as well as this! Love the prints too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome!
    I can't seem to find out how to use acrylic paint - but I love the way you use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your techniques are so wonderful! These three are great! I love all of your work. There is so much depth and personality in all of your work! I could write stories of each of theses characters. Their faces tell their whole life story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love the texture in that monoprint. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete