Thursday, February 6, 2014

29 Faces in February, #10

Okay, so I'm not going to be able to do the whole thing in monoprints, not because I don't want to, but because I have to go to the Arts Center to use the press, and that's not something I can do every day.


So instead, I'm borrowing an idea from Terry Sargent Peart http://terrypeart.blogspot.com/search/label/29%20Faces%20Feb%202014 who is doing a drawing each day from the newspaper, and from Rick Baker, who did a fabulous fabulous series of upside-down drawings -- see them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/silav/sets/72157626005133599/with/7441475532/
and my thought is to do an upside-down drawing each day from the newspaper here.  It seems like it's a really good exercise.

Here's the first one, from today's paper, about someone challenging the Mormon Church to offer proof of....oh, I don't know what; I didn't read the article; I just liked the picture.


10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful (I've drawn upside down drawings and it's amazing how accurate they turn out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like YOUR picture! He's wonderful. Reminds me of James Whitmore as he looked in the Shawshank Redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upside down drawings... I did that ages ago. Perhaps I should try that again, because it was fun. Yours is amazing.
    xxx Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. In her book Betty Edwards says that drawing upside down engages the right side of the brain, the creative side. This is an excellent drawing, and even though you have named the person, it does also have the look of

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard Nixon. I hadn't thought of doing this for 29 Faces, but you give me the nudge to do so. One of the nice things about 29 Faces. Thank you.
    (Comment box locked up on the first half of message!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea! LOVE IT - upside down newspaper photos. oh wait, i don't get the newspaper any more. :(

    http://mimitabby.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just loving this meme. I have painted for years with watercolor and acrylics but not much on drawing. So many to learn from here. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent idea! I have had a hard time finding a suitable face in the newspaper each day, but it can be a very good source. Now upside down is an added challenge. The face is terrrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lopsided grin! Great idea too :)

    ReplyDelete