Thursday, March 18, 2010

Illustration Friday: Subterranean


Well, I got a new computer, and it's pretty darned exciting, but I haven't yet been able to figure out how to do some really basic things, so we'll see if I can make a thumbnail from this and post it to Illustration Friday.

My "subterranean" thinking is pretty vague. I read Notes from the Underground as a young adult, and while I remember absolutely nothing about it, that title sticks with me. I also have some vague images of Oliver Twist down in the cellar at the undertaker's house. I'm not sure what this picture has to do with either of those, but I've been on spring break and I thought that I'd make lots of art, but so far, this one little picture is it, and I don't really even like this very much.

10 comments:

  1. a very oppressive atmosphere; i think it’s great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dense atmospherics of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I get excited when I see you have posted some work! Always interesting textures and something to discover. Great work on the portrait as well. Good luck with the new computer. That's exciting too.

    By the way, thanks for the critique on my variations. It helps alot. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Would love to see how you create the textures. New computer.. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your work, you are inspiring me to draw more and I am now following your blog,[thanks so much for your comment on mine]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style and approach is unique. It stands out among other blog entries. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed looking through your work - and I really like the mood in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that's a dark place! Excellent work though!!

    ReplyDelete