Friday, March 12, 2010

Portrait


It's really driving me crazy not having a functional computer at home. My mom's ancient Mac is good enough to check e-mail and the National Weather Service, but that's about it. And now that we're going on spring break, I won't be able to scan pictures at school (unless I wanted to come in to school, which I don't--it's bad enough that I have 75 essays to grade, a dozen or so leftover tests, and a huge stack of creative writing notebooks--sigh). I'm hoping to make lots of art this next week...and get into the garden...and play lots of music!

8 comments:

  1. Computers drive our lives too much! Hope you enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous picture--I really, really love the penwork.

    Any chance of a new(er) computer in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully musical portrait - a little blues, a little folk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. incredible... i just love how your pictures seem to emerge out of a really intricate, moving fog. for our sakes and yours, here's to hoping you get a new computer and scanner soon! and i hope you enjoy your spring break despite the stack of grading awaiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you drew the background, which is fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure you're not an art teacher? I admire your texture and expressive mood / line work. Thanks for visiting. Oh, and you're so right about meetings. What a great time to escape into a sketch of any kind. I do the same thing as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete