Friday, September 24, 2010

New Sketchbook


I FINALLY finished the last page of my old sketchbook that I'd been carrying around for over a year. The cover was falling off, and the pages were pretty tattered.
It's so exciting to start a new sketchbook. It's the same kind as the old one, with thick smooth paper, but it's all possibility still. This is my first drawing in it! My goal is to draw in it every day.

I love how many people are so themselves--despite current trends. They may be perceived as old-fashioned, and perhaps they are, but they are not being concerned with that. They're just going about their lives, doing what they do, and being who they are. This character strikes me that way.

10 comments:

  1. This is a lovely drawing - the lighting is great and it seems to have a calm and relaxed feel to me. I love new sketchbooks - I'm always starting a new one before I've finished the old one though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Lovely expressive drawing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful beginning for a new sketchbook! I love starting a new one too, it's like a New Year! I do also have trouble finishing old ones, though (maybe because it's so fun to start the new ones.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the line work on this is so great! I love how you captured this persons face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the face emerges from the cross hatches. Like they came out to catch some rays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - it's so exciting to start a new sketchbook! I look forward to seeing more in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well the eyes are the path to the soul and in this case they show so much emotion - you've really hit it with this one i think

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice drawing, I use to keep a sketchbook with me all the time and there is nothing like starting a new one. I think it's the feeling of accomplishment from having finished the previous one, combined with the excitement of starting new and better work in a new one. Thanks so much for the visits and supportive comments, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Off to a great start on your new sketchbook! I like the delicate hatching of the lines, it contrasts with the no-nonsense expression on the face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice and kind of a sepia color. i like the acrobat too!

    ReplyDelete