Sunday, September 12, 2010

House Concert Sketches


Marvelous house concert--friend John Anderson from Australia sang all sorts of wonderful songs. He looked pretty funny with his head and face all shaved off though (notice the before and after pictures), and I discovered while making these sketches that I can't draw and listen to poetry at the same time. I could listen to songs, but when another friend read a couple poems, none of it registered, even though I was only making hatchings in a dark area and not really drawing properly. Interesting way the brain processes things.

1 comment:

  1. well that's very interesting.
    I used to be able to study and listen to the radio, but now when I make art I need complete silence.

    Hmm.

    Poetry needs a lot more involvment I guess because the main message comes from the word meanings.

    Songs? well you get meaning from the melody and rhythm I guess. How many songs do you sng along happily usiing the wrong words and not caring?

    ReplyDelete