Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last three collagraphs

It's only now, at the very end of my eight week collagraph class that I've finally figured out what I can do with this medium.  I'd like to have another eight weeks to continue working, but alas....my schedule won't permit it.  I'll have to wait until fall.....


This is the print I made for my print class's print exchange.  It's small--4 X 6 ", and this is the first of five.  The other four, I wiped a little bit differently.  I've had lots of fun with these.  They all start out with a fairly loose drawing on a manilla folder, and then I cut them out piece by piece and glue those pieces on a piece of matboard.  Then I seal the whole thing with acrylic varnish, and print them as an intaglio print.


This one is like the others, only before I cut out the pieces of him, I textured the manilla file folder (with the transferred drawing on it) with acrylic gel medium.  I really like the texture, and would like to try to do more of that.  Too bad my collagraph class is over, and since I have too much else going on this summer to sign up for the summer, so I won't have access to the presses.....




This was the third one.....

It was my son who declared that these were all REALLY CREEPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment