Thursday, September 13, 2012

29 Faces--#9 and #10





Here are two that I'm not sure I want to do anything else to. Or, I guess I should say that I really like the way they are now, with the gouache and ink rinsed off. I have three others that I don't particularly like at this stage, so I will definitely be working them some more.

But if I work on these two some more, can I call them two new ones, or are they still #9 and #10? Yes, they're still definitely the same ones. But I honestly don't think I can do 29 different ones in one month.

3 comments:

  1. The second one is looking down his nose at me, or maybe I'm looking up his nose at him! How do you make these? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gouache resist--paint the white parts with gouache, let it dry, brush black ink over all of it, let it dry, run it under warm water to wash the gouache parts off, let it dry, and then (most often) use more ink for lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and very funky pieces...I like them!!!

    ReplyDelete