Saturday, August 25, 2012

Illustration Friday: Teacher


Each piece that you make is its own teacher. You might have an idea (and I did for this one--I even have a couple of sketches, which is rare for me, who is so impatient to be in the midst of the piece itself), and so you start on that idea. But the piece itself has its own ideas, and you have to pay attention to those, because it will teach you what you need to do.

This is the same for poetry as well, and music, and probably just about any other creative endeavor. A good musician is not the one who is technically adept (though that certainly helps), but the one who can hear the music and bring it out.

I'm not saying this is a brilliant picture or anything, but I did pay attention to it, and ended up doing things I didn't initially have in mind.

On the other hand, I wonder when I'm going to get tired of all these twisted things. I'm certainly not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment