Friday, August 30, 2013

29 Faces in September--#1 & #2

Ha ha!  I'm cheating, and starting early.  But that's because the last time I did this, I only got 15 done in September.  I did finish them, in December, but this time around, I have high hopes of doing them all in September, as long as I start NOW.  It's only two days early.

But my goal is 29 linocut faces.  I really need to learn how to do linocut, because I have two projects that I'm just dying to do, and I don't have the skills to do them.  I actually have no clue about them at all.  Making linocuts is the only way to learn how to do them--and making lots.  29 Faces in September will be a good was to do that.  There's a link to that on the right, below all my tabs, if you want to check it out.

Each of these blocks is 4 X 6 inches.  I think I'll do the rest with 3 X 5 blocks.


5 comments:

  1. Those are awesome...they are wild and funky! I would not have the slightest clue how to do a linocut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! So expressive.

    Your challenge to yourself is inspiring. This is a good time for me to do something similar. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! And you reckon you don't know what you're doing? WOW again! Fantastic and SUCH expression!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really awesome! Love them
    Cheers
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I missed one and two yesterday! These are terrific. Your linocuts are unique. and fascinating for us who know nothing about making them. I love the expressions you get on the faces. Takes real talent, I bet. thanks for visiting my #3 (early entry). I fly fish some so I enjoy doing water scene sketches.

    ReplyDelete