Monday, December 31, 2012

Stupid last picture of the year


So it's New Year's Eve, and I am sitting in front of my computer messing around with this stupid image, doing things that I can't really imagine myself doing (and yes, I am going to walk a block and a half and go to a friend's party later on, so I'm not totally pathetic, though this picture does reflect the way I'm feeling at the moment), and it's worth it, for the messing around.

Today while driving, I was listening to some symphony on the radio, and it occurred to me that it was painterly music--all chordal shifts and rich rich harmonies.  Baroque music would be much more linear.  And I just can't seem to get away from the linear.  This started off with big painterly oil strokes (all digital, mind you, so no real mess, though I do have an old leather bag stuffed full of oil paints from when I was in college a million years ago), but I just couldn't keep it up.  I had to go back to the linear, with chalk lines (though you can't really see them here....I wonder what happened).

No matter.  I now have more posts than I had this year, and more than I had last year.  I hope that next year will be filled with even more art.

Thank you all for visiting, and have a great new year!

1 comment: