Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pipe Guy

I most definitely don't have the patience for this. I spent a good portion of the day cleaning the house (and only part of the house), with occasional forays out into the garden where I pulled up ash tree seedlings and saplings, and down into the basement to put laundry in the washer or dryer, and I NEEDED to do something else.

I'm fascinated by this guy's face, which almost looks okay from a distance (but not up close at all), but this drawing does NOT capture it at ALL, and now I'm cranky because it did not at all turn out the way I wanted it to.

9 comments:

  1. i love pipe guy! the ink work is great! id like to have a drink with him and hear all his old tales...

    thanks for your lovely comment by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! And the one before-- I think we were on very similar wavelengths this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing work as usual! and thank you for the comments on my post. i think i remember which drawing...is it the "IF - parade" post..? i remember there's a girl on the back with red umbrella. i dont know if that's the one, though. but, thanks for your attention on my blog, i'm very flattered! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. you might feel cranky, but if you look at it in a month, year or something you may feel amazed at the fantastic quality this has, as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Love the light from behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like it.
    sometimes i find it satisfying to draw a really CRANKY person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,
    thanks for your comment on my unfold drawing.
    your work is full of lines....how big are your drawings?
    www.meredithziemba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comments on my blog :)
    If you need a big business card, just give me a shout!

    I really dig your portraits and the intense expressions these people have.
    There's a whole story behind them, which makes you wonder

    ReplyDelete