Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Accordion Guy #4


The only problem with making a picture that you really like (like the last one, not this one) is that for sure, the next one you're not going to like nearly so much. But you have to do it anyway. This one falls smack in the middle of that middle 50%, which is a shame, but oh well. I know what it is that I don't like about it, and what I'd do differently if I were going to do it again (which I most likely won't). That's the good thing about making pictures solely for yourself. You're ALLOWED to make bad pictures. And on this one, once I'd messed up (the blotch of ink on his face), then I was even more free to experiment, because it really didn't matter any more. It's only through experimenting that you discover things that hopefully you can use deliberately on other pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what you are talking about. I think this picture is fantastic.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. you illustrate the sound!
    this is a brillant piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really shouldn't let the fear stop you ever! I think it can be the worst enemy of any artist! I bet this will be one of your favorites given some time...

    ReplyDelete