Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Illustration Friday: Blur


I'm thinking about the blurring between reality and fantasy, or between this world and other worlds that we can't normally see. Between sleep and waking, between dream and the everyday. This topic makes me think of Charles De Lint's novels, where the OtherWorld is very close in many places to this one.

I'm not sure this picture at all captures that feeling, but it seems like it's been so long since I made a picture that was any more involved than the sketch I made last week (which I really really liked) that this felt really good.

9 comments:

  1. I really like this, I feel it conveys the feeling you wanted to express very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the texture and perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully illustrated!! I love the depth that your work creates in the linework. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew we had something else in common! I love Charles de Lint books! You've certainly captured the blur of mystery and other world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very atmospheric, I love how you incorporate music into your drawings, I can almost hear an eerie flute, very well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mm, nice feel to this. I'm going to consider that a book recommendation, this piece also makes me think of Robert Holdstock's "Mythago Wood"

    ReplyDelete